things we could use!
The Need: Handmade items for infants including: blankets, booties, hats. Measurements for Blankets: Maximum of 45 inches x 45 inches, minimum of 35 inches x 35 inches.
Our Family Connects Program focuses on postpartum support for new parents and babies. Home visits are offered free of charge to parents of newborns up to 12 weeks old in Watauga County. With these home visits we offer information, resources, a listening ear, postpartum depression and anxiety screening and a helping hand during the first 3 months after birth. A care package is provided to each mom that includes a homemade meal, hand-made blankets, booties, hats, and onesies!
Who Needs a Change? of the High Country:
The Need: Diaper Drive or Fundraiser
Sizes in need: Newborns, Fives, Sixes, Pullups (all sizes)
The exciting thing about doing a diaper drive is that you as an individual, group, or organization can get as creative as you want to help collect diapers/wipes or funds for the "Who Needs a Change?" diaper bank! Below are some helpful tips for doing a diaper drive, feel free to also plan your drive or fundraiser in your own way!
- Work with an organization to host a drive or raise funds for the diapers. Contact owners or management if needed and seek permission prior to the drive.
- Find a location to set up a table and collect diapers or donations. This is a fun way to get out into the community and market a diaper drive!
- If possible notify the diaper bank coordinator for the agency on what dates you have selected for your diaper drive or fundraiser.
- Promote your diaper drive or fundraiser with posters, flyers, letters, emails, newsletter or bulletin announcements. Whatever communication works best for you! We have flyers you can modify with the dates and location of your diaper drive.
- After you collect the diapers reach out to our diaper bank coordinator and coordinate a time for pickup or drop off at our agency here in Boone!
Contact our Diaper Bank Coordinator Matt Powell, email@example.com, (828) 262-5424 ext. 203 fro any questions you may have. The agency address is 225 Birch Street Suite 3, Boone, NC 28607.
The Need: Cocktail Parties
Gather a group of your friends and colleagues in your home or at a local venue to join in on this fun donation idea! Enjoy cocktails, snacks, or whatever you’d like to serve while we come out and give a brief, intimate presentation about our organization and what we do within the community. We’d love to talk and answer any questions that you may have! We provide presentation materials and donation cards.
Indoor/Outdoor Dream Teams:
The Need: Specialty projects at child care centers.
Dream teams complete necessary projects for childcare facilities. These can be indoor or outdoor projects that support early learning, physical activities, or gardening and healthy lifestyles. Contact Roberta Yates at (828) 262-5424 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what local facilities are in need of!
-Paint a hallway or room in a facility
-Build a raised garden
-Install tree stumps for an outdoor story area
-Mini Play outside Kitchen Sets
General Wish List:
- Gift cards for purchasing materials for our children's library kits from Staples, Walmart, Amazon, etc.
- Diapers, Pull-ups (all sizes), and Wipes
- Items for our mini-store, such as: small games; small toys; Play-Doh; baby wipes; baby, child and adult shampoos/conditioners/body washes, lotions, toothpastes; children's toothbrushes; nail clipper sets (any size); any other toiletry items
- Area rugs (new or in like-new condition). Call for sizes needed.